We are looking for candidates who have the experience of working in the Areospace Industry and in Precision Machining.
The Job Purpose and Main Capabilities are detailed below:
Production of aerospace and industrial gas turbine parts from a variety of metals to include exotic metals. To produce high quality parts to specific customer requirements using best practise modern methods.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to “Set to casting” to customer specification
• Setting and changing of fixtures, clamping fixtures and clamps as and when required
• Loading and unloading of fixtures using lifting equipment
• Capable of producing acceptable first offs to drawing specification using verniers, micrometers, gauges etc
• Perform visual inspection of all components as per customer/ company requirements
• Use of micro spot, auto weld, manual welder and spot weld and understanding of data cards
• Deburring to include linishing, scurffing and proficient use of air and hand tools
• Proficient use of wash and degreasing plant
• Jigs and fixtures to be visually inspected by the operator before and after use, with any problems found reported to the Engineering/Quality Department
• Work and adhere to HSE guidelines on site
• To perform other such duties as generally correspond to the nature of the position and its level of responsibility including housekeeping to 5s Standard.
1. Must become familiar with quality & manufacturing standards and maintain and
achieve specified targets and objectives in line with business requirements
2. Required to produce acceptable first offs – “right first time”
3. Train and coach fellow colleagues to suit the business requirements
1. Parts produced from a variety of exotic materials
2. Maintaining specific tolerance levels when working on parts
3. Becoming familiar with processes and working practices
4. Minimise the risk of producing reject parts by following the correct procedures
Produce high quality parts which contribute to the overall monthly production plan. Must have a conscientious methodical approach and excellent attention to detail. Must have the initiative to work alone and in a proactive manner as well as contributing towards a team effort.
Work closely with fellow colleagues to build and maintain good working relationships and exchange working knowledge to enhance working performance.
If you meet the above criteria please send your CV and Cover Letter to Anika.Gohel@Bromfordindustries.co.uk