- Salary: tbc
- Reference: LD/JW/003
- Location: Alcester
Our Alcester facility is looking to recruit experienced TIG Welder/Fabricators to support the Fabrication Dept.
The purpose of the role is to produce high quality Aerospace and IGT components from a variety of exotic materials. Working to specific customer specifications and tolerances, using modern best practice methods, and welding within the ASME IX and BS standards.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Manual welding and fabrication of components to company and customer specification.
- Read and understanding customer specific drawings, including welding symbols.
- Dressing of welds, linishing and deburring using various hand and machine tools.
- Use and understanding of fixtures, jigs and clamps as reuired.
- Ability to correctly set components to casting to suit customer specifications.
- Product 'First Offs' to drawing specification.
- Use of measuring equipment including verniers, micrometers, height gauges etc.
- Work to PQR, WPS and SWI's to minimise the risk of defective/reject parts.
- Perform visual inspection of components to customer specifications and spot defects.
- Work and adhere to HSE guidelines on site.
- To perform other such duties as generally correspond to the nature of the position and its level of responsibility including housekeeping to 5s standard.
- Have the ability to product high quality parts which contribute to the overall monthly production plan.
- Have a conscientious, methodical approach and excellent attention to detail.
- Have the initiative to work on your own in a proactive manner as well as contributing within the team.
- Work closely with fellow colleagues to build and maintain good working relationships and exchange working knowledge and ideas to enhance your own working performance.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Self motivated
- Forward thinker who can assess / improve their own performance.
- Flexible and open to new ideas and methods of manufacture.
- A relaxed and friendly manner.
- Able to integrate well into an existing team and become a key member.
- Accurate and attentive to detail at all times.
- Good time management and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to self-manage workload and prioritise where necessary
- Reliable and punctual.
- Make positive contributions in line with the company vision and values.
The essential qualifications / experience required:
- Previous TIG Welding
- Working with thin gauge materials (preferred but not essential)
- Able to read drawings
- Knowledge of weld symbols.
All interested parties should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you very soon.