We are looking for experienced CNC Mill Turn Operatives to work within a workgroup to produce precision machined components from a variety of metals to include exotic metals such as titanium and magnesium. To produce high quality precision parts to customer and quality specified tolerances using best practise modern methods. Also to contribute to the team and help to develop and maintain best practices.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The running and setting of 3 and 5 axis CNC milling machines (vertical or horizontal)
• The running and setting of CNC controlled lathes machines (vertical and horizontal)
• The operating of 3 and 5 axis CNC milling machines (vertical and horizontal)
• Tool setting which includes the setting of tool geometries
• Setting and changing of fixtures, clamping fixtures and clamps as and when required
• Loading and unloading of fixtures using overhead cranes, slings, chains etc.
• Adjustment of offsets
• Conform to specified health and safety standards
• Capable of producing conforming first offs to drawing and quality specifications
• Achieve specified quality standards including ISO9001
• Communicate problems through work group and concern and countermeasure trackers
• Work within the designated workgroup to plan, prioritise and perform work to satisfy customer needs
• Assist in developing group goals and objectives
• Maintain housekeeping standards
• Carry out TPM activities as required
• Develop and maintain standardised work
• Provide guidance and assistance to other group members
• Identify, share and submit good ideas (best practice) to the work group.
1. Must become familiar with quality standards and maintain and achieve specified
Standards at all times.
2. Required to produce conforming components “right first time”
3. Train and coach fellow colleagues to suit the business requirements
4. Provide feedback on best practice in the area.
5. Be an effective member of the workgroup structure
1. Parts produced from a variety of materials to include titanium, cast steel, iconol, magnesium, aluminium etc.
2. Maintaining specific tolerance levels when working on parts
3. Updating off sets.
4. Becoming familiar with processes and working practices
5. Minimise the risk of producing reject parts by following the correct procedures.
6. Working to SOPs to achieve a standard product.
If you are interested in applying for this position and have the required skills please send your CV to Nicole.Stone@bromfordindustries.co.uk
We look forward to hearing for you.